Wednesday, August 08, 2007

The Oldest Part of the House


The house dates back to before 1700. This is the old front door and the avenue that leads down to it would have been the orginal enterence off the old green lane. No room for cars, but just carts and horses in those days.


The french windows you can see replace the old barn doors. The hay loft is now a nice light room where I listen to my old records and sort out my projects.


Ted loves to watch the rabbits, although I don't think that he would want to eat one. Funny how the cats love to eat (wild) rabbit, but show no interest in our pet rabbits.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Tim said...

Hi there,
I was in the army cadets at King Eddie's from 1979-1984 and spent many,many weeks of my life at Tyn-y-Waen.
When I left England I threw away all my O.S. maps of the area & I've tried for years to find it on the internet.
Your pictures have brought so many old memories flooding back,thankyou.I now have this photo as my screensaver!
The tree-lined walk to the top field behind the school cottage,as it was known then,is exactly as I remembered it in my mind's eye.
We sprang many an ambush,with the walk as the killing zone,from the cover of the trees on either side back in the day.All make believe of course,lol!
I don't suppose you have any photos from the top of the hill at the back,do you?I thought it may have been Pen y Bont but on reflection,that may be a little bit further away from the cottage.
We used to get dropped off by our officers at a pub called The Red Lion,to make the last 5 miles back to the cottage in the pitch dark,is it still there & do they have a website?
Obviously at 13-14 or younger we were way too young to have a quick pint in there before the journey ...sometimes! ;-)
Anyway,thanks so much for the memories and the very best of luck with your business,Tim.

Friday, January 20, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home